Monday, November 1, 2010
Moral Dilema
You may think I am crazy but I know I made the right decision. I chose to save the 92 year old Ada Artlover on the afternoon of the fire in the Louvre. To start with, I saved her because she has a family. To lose a family member is a tragedy. It makes the loved ones of the deceased feel unstable. To further prove my point, I made friends with this woman that afternoon. I had a better connection with a real human being instead of an old painting. Secondly, I saved Mrs. Artlover because if I tried to take the painting off the wall. Alarms would most likely go off. If I tried to leave the Louvre with the painting in my hands. People would assume I was stealing the painting and I would then be thrown into one of your french prisons. Where I would rot for eternity. Another reason, why I saved Ada Artlover is because the painting would have been fine in the fire. National treasures are protected with great security. If I didn't rescue the painting, a security guard would. Furthermore, the most superior artifacts are contained in special cases that are top of the line in protection. The case that the Mona Lisa is in is probably fireproof and most likely bulletproof. Heck, it might not even be the real Mona Lisa on display. It probably is a fake for the public to view. Big Museums and Art Galleries put their most valuable artifacts in their archives so common people won't harm them. If it is real, it is probably contained in the case I mentioned earlier. A different reason, why I saved Ada Artlover is because I couldn't live with myself knowing that I saved the painting and not that old woman. I would have lots of guilt and lose so much sleep. I would most likely have nightmares, where I would see the old woman burning in the fire's abyss because I didn't save her. The last reason, why I saved Ada Artlover and not the painting is because if the Mona Lisa was burned it would be considered legendary. Almost all of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World were destroyed. If the Mona Lisa was destroyed, it may reach the status of a Wonder of the Modern World. Even if the Mona Lisa didn't burn, it would get lots of publicity for being a painting that survived a fire in the Louvre. I would probably save the Mona Lisa if she was a real woman but she isn't. That is why I took the moral high ground and saved Mrs.Artlover.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment